View Single Post
Old November 16, 2017, 08:00 AM   #73
Hal

This whole discussion reminds me of one my wife and I had the other day...

She worked with clients in the whole county & the powers to be determined that she should have plenty of time to work with everyone, if she would just schedule all the clients by location. "A","B" and "C" - all live in one part of one city, so, she should schedule "A" for 9:00, "B" for 10:00 & "C" for 11:00 on Tuesdays,

Everything was based on - best case scenario.

Then reality set in - when "A" had to work on Tuesdays, "B" liked to sleep in until noon and "C" would forget about the appointment more often than not.

These "caliber wars" - along with all the "studies" and tests and whatever, all at some point boil down to - -best case scenario.
Then along comes a Hollywood shootout, a "sniper" in Dixieland, a Philippians insurrection, an FBI shootout,,,,,etc,etc,etc...to throw cold water on things - - and - - voila' - the caliber increases! Imagine that!

IMSHO -the 9mm is popular now for the same reason the ,357 magnum won out over the .41 magnum & the ,44 magnum.
Both the .41 and the .44 require - a good sized gun & they are just over the edge of what most people can shoot.

The 9mm is tame compared to the .45 acp, the .40 S&W and the 10 mm.
Thats all.
It's what the majority of people can handle

So - "facts" and "statistics" are manufactured or tailored to paint it in the best possible light.
& it will stay there right up until the next **failure**....

Page generated in 0.03447 seconds with 8 queries