View Single Post
Old March 24, 2023, 07:37 AM   #42
darkgael

I have been a Bullseye/Conventional/Precision pistol shooter since I first picked up a pistol (quite a while ago now). A bad spine nowadays has put a stop to 2700 matches but i still try my hand at gallery matches.
What I like about Bullseye is its unforgiving emphasis on precision and, thus, on fundamentals. Watching a master shooter on the 50 yard line at Camp Perry is a magical, and yet, humbling experience.
I am not a great shot, not at all, but I am better at any distance than anyone I have seen at the local range over the last few years. I go with one box of 50 rounds for the 1911 and another for the .22. I rarely shoot through both boxes. The other fellows are pumping out box after box of 9s. They are having fun which is part of why we are all there. It does seem to me, though, that they could be better shooters if they would just slow down a bit, move the targets a bit further away and pay a bit more attention to basics.
Perhaps I am too critical of how others do things that I enjoy. I wonder….

Page generated in 0.03635 seconds with 8 queries