View Single Post
Old March 9, 2023, 10:20 PM   #18
Sigkid79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin44az View Post
After a break-in period, my Ruger LCP Max has been reliable and is decent to shoot, and in my view is the best of the “itty bitty” choices. Max has 10 round capacity to the regular LCPs’ 6, is more comfortable to shoot, and comes with a front night sight standard.

My Kel-tec P3AT was absolute crap.

My early Glock 42 had issues but my Glock armorer buddy who bought it from me was able to get them fixed. Glock apparently replaced some of the parts. I assume current examples work well. Shoots much nicer than LCP, but holds only 6 rounds if that’s an issue.

My SIG P365 9mm is very controllable and reasonably comfortable, and I assume the new .380 version would be even more so.

My SIG P238s were finicky and never fully reliable, and are single action which is awkward for a pocket-size piece. They shot nicely but I never was able to trust them.

My early Smith Bodyguard .380 was junk. Smith gave me a really fast turnaround on warranty service, and paid shipping both ways, but didn’t fix it. Even if a new one is more reliable, it still has a crappy trigger you would need to pay Apex or someone to improve. More comfortable on recoil than the LCP however, although the Max, with its wider 10-shot frame, is pretty close.

My Kahr P 380, like my other Kahrs, was an ammunition money pit. After expending hundreds of dollars on ammo trying to get it running, it was never fully reliable, and Kahr warranty service didn’t fix this.

As you can tell, I spent alot of time, effort and money trying to find a good pocket.380. Learn from my tale of woe.

I have since moved on to pocket 9mms, but still have three LCPs for when my pockets are too small or flimsy for the P365. Of the LCPs, the Max is the best.

If you are OK with slightly bigger and heavier, the P365 .380 and Glock 42 will shoot better.

I personally will never again buy any gun made by Kel-tec or Kahr, based on multiple bad experiences including those above. Oh and Taurus….
What did you experience prior to your break in period of your LCP Max. I ask because I had 2 LCP Max’s. Both purchased a year apart. I had the same exact issues with both firearms, resulting in me selling both.

Failure to feed, failure to eject, constant jams, failure to lock back after the last shot, etc. The first LCP Max was purchased immediately after it was first released and I attributed the issues to it being new. I purchased the 2nd one a year later hoping that the kinks were all worked out. I had the same exact issues all over again.

Did you have the same, or similar issues? And how many rounds did you fire during your break in period before you realized that you no longer had any issues?

Page generated in 0.03540 seconds with 8 queries