View Single Post
Old June 15, 2019, 12:58 PM   #17
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
So speaking from a precision standpoint only...
the OP is not asking about hunting, so, I would answer for precision when shooting OFFHAND (which I take to mean standing, unsupported) it would be the highest power that the shooter can hold consistently on the target.

And that's going to be a bit different for each of us, and different for all of us, over time. At 20, I was a lot steadier an offhand shot than I am now at 60+.

When the crosshairs jump off my target because of my heartbeat, I need a rest, or a lower power, and probably both. Breathing, I can control, heartbeat, not so much...

Got a 6-18x variable on my .22-250. 18x is nice for close looking at the target but tough to be steadiest (for me, even on a rest), and then there is the high power heat shimmer, to. To LOOK, I crank all the way up, to SHOOT, I go back to 9x or lower.

So, get a variable, and stand there, aiming (shoot if you want) do it at every power setting possible, and you'll find out, for yourself, what the highest power you can accurately use offhand, is.

Page generated in 0.02380 seconds with 8 queries