View Single Post
Old September 25, 2018, 09:33 PM   #11
briandg

kmac, you know quite well that you do the same judgment of character probably every day. A homeless person talking to himself is either a homeless person with mental problems, or an actor. No gun for him.

An older man who has a cane in his gun hand shouldn't open carry. He has made a target out of himself. A ten year old could take it. Can't get any clearer than that, can we?

I don't know how often you go to public ranges, but I know that you have spent many times looking at people and assessing their qualifications, and I suspect that once in a while you have even moved to the other end of the range because the guy looked like a walking 911 call.

If you can't spend a few minutes working out why the guy carrying that gun is doing so, you are ignoring part of your situational awareness. That cocky punk that walked into the gas station carrying his gun in his pocket may even be there to rob the place or to wait and ambush the guy who will come in next.

Stereotyping? that's not what I do. It's ridiculous.

Stereotyping means to force an image onto a person based on whatever the viewer wants to think, right? Look at a person and assume that the person is what you expect he is, without any thought about it?

Look, observe, analyze, hypothesize.

Smells like garbage, torn clothes, filthy hair and beard, 1,2,3,4. probably homeless.

When you went through police academy they should have told you that observing and understanding the things around you is important, but what you seem to be saying about me is that I'm doing something bad. I don't know why you think that it's a bad thing to try and understand and know something about the people in your vicinity.

Especially if that guy is carrying a gun.

Page generated in 0.03231 seconds with 8 queries