View Single Post
Old October 9, 2012, 12:42 PM   #5
NWPilgrim

I stick with USGI (NHMTG/Okay, D&H, Brownells) and PMags. The 20-round straight mags are probably the most trouble-free and reliable of the aluminum variety. For the curved 30-rd GI mags I replace the black or green follower with the Magpul anti-tilt follower. Brownell's was selling a version of theirs with the Magpul follower installed. I have not had one problem with any of these over many years unless they get damaged. I have one Colt 20-rd mag, steel follower, that is ancient and still works great.

If a mag does get damaged then it either gets put into the "range only" bag for practice on failures, or disassembled and the body is tossed and save the spring, floor plate, and follower if still good.

I do consider mags as consumables so I have plenty of them and only keep active the ones proven reliable at the range.
"The ultimate authority ... resides in the people alone. ... The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition."
- James Madison

Page generated in 0.03928 seconds with 8 queries