Thread: Gun Control
View Single Post
Old October 16, 2017, 09:24 AM   #45
FITASC

Quote:
I think the scary thing about mass shootings, and the heart breaking thing, is that they happen to completely innocent people enjoying a completely innocent event.

So does a drunk driver hitting a school bus.......that type of similar event happens every day

Current deaths from the fires in CA stand at 40 and will continue to climb - this was entirely preventable had folks done what was needed prior to the fire - both at the homeowner and state level - where's your outrage?

Compared to all of the other things that cause huge losses of life here and elsewhere, mass shootings are WAY down on that list. Where's your outrage about the hundreds of deaths in Chicago's ethnic neighborhoods every year? (Of course, were is the outrage from certain preachers and other groups?) Banning/confiscation of guns from law-abiding people does nothing to stop these types of events.
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa

Page generated in 0.02123 seconds with 8 queries