View Single Post
Old June 21, 2007, 11:21 PM   #15
FirstFreedom

Oh, I just remembered a funny story someone told me. Seems that whoever told me the story went hunting with another guy who was using a .30-30 levergun that was new to him. And I think the guy with the levergun was also fairly new to hunting in general. So the more experienced guy says to the newb, go over there by that tree about 100 yards or so away. So that they could both see each other's general positions, if not actual sight of each other.

Deer walks by the experienced guy's location, and he decides to let it pass, as it's going toward the newb guy, to help him get a deer. Deer goes on over, mulls around, keeps right on walking slowly through the woods near the newb guy. First guy is watching the deer.... Why in the hell ain't he shooting that deer, I wonder? He had better not be asleep! But he hears some kind of noise....

So after the deer is gone, he walks over to the newb - he's awake - "Why didn't you shoot?"

"Hell, I tried - [cussing] damned rifle doesn't work [cussing, cussing]!" Six .30-30 rounds that were in the chamber & mag of his gun are on the ground beside him. What in the world is going on, thought the experienced hunter......

Crossbolt safety.

Page generated in 0.04084 seconds with 8 queries