View Single Post
Old August 31, 2009, 08:00 AM   #141
skydiver3346

Had to pull my handgun?

Was walking on the beach one night (two years ago) when three dudes came up on us and then walked on by. I turned around and they were coming back to me again. I immediately asked my wife to get off to the side of me and don't say anything to them. The first guy to me, asked me to "loan" him some money as he was broke and was hungry. The other two just stood beside him and gave me some menacing looks. They had their hands in their pockets, etc.

I was really scared down deep but did not show my fear to them. I asked them in a very loud and serious tone of voice to leave us alone and that this would be my last warning to them. He had the stones to demand money from me again (but not in a robbery way, just that he needed $$)... The other two dudes began to move around to my sides.
At this point, I backed away and pulled my S&W Mod. 60 out and held it down by my side. Told him to leave again or there was going to be serious consequences if they approached me again. My wife was freaking out and began to cry. This really ticked me off that they would do this us. I then sort of lost my fear and it turned to extreme anger. I knew this was dangerous and so I yelled at them to get the hell out of here immediately. They knew I wasn't kidding and so they did leave while cussing me out down the beach.
I kept my gun in my jacket pocket the whole way back to my car in case they were lying in wait for me on the way back (it was very dark and I didn't have a flashlight). Never saw them again and I was relieved to say the least. Looking back on this, I probably would have shot the first guy who approached me after my last warning to stay away. I decided that I was going back to my family and was not going to allow these dirt bags to scare me and especially my wife anymore. Luckily, it didn't have to come to that.
Next time I walked the beaches at night, I carried my Surefire light with me as well as my .38 special with +P's.

Page generated in 0.02539 seconds with 8 queries