View Single Post
Old January 31, 2012, 11:48 PM   #37
Nnobby45

Quote:
Edit: perhaps I should be more clear. The point is that would you defend thy neighbor?
That's better.

I don't know the answer to your specific question, but it bugs the crap out of me when people toss around the word "vigilante" without understanding it's meaning. It's become a news media jargonese term. Law abiding gun owners don't use it---at least not when it applies to lawful acts. Vigilantes are the ones who circumnavigate the law. And lawful intervention does not equate to vigilantiism.

Now that I feel better for getting that off my chest, I don't personally know how the law is written iin your state, but if you ask yourself the question: Is anyone's life in immediate danger, then maybe you could answer your own question.

And if you answer another question: Would it be prudent to get the police rolling ASAP, before I consider opening fire?, then that might help, also.

Believe it or not, there could be a valid reason for someone trying to open a window that you wouldn't be aware of watching through your rifle scope.

Maybe "The police are on the way, why are you trying to enter my neighbor's house through a window?" would help solve the problem and save an awful lot of headache.

Call the Cops. Then call your neighbor and let them know about the problem. Think "gun" last--it's still there as an option.

Page generated in 0.05277 seconds with 8 queries