Thread: Mossberg 500
View Single Post
Old December 5, 2000, 07:49 AM   #3
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Sorry, reread and realized I didn't answer all the queries.

GR sights are nice, and having extra ammo on hand can be crucial. I recommend going slowly, adding one mod at a time, and seeing what and how it affects the handling and performance of the shotgun.This will also gentle the damage done to your budget. ALL cops are underpaid, and the smaller depts seem to be the worst in this regard.

If I were setting up a shotgun for either a cruiser or HD tool, this is the order I'd do stuff in,and the stuff.

First, a stock that fit me, w/ or w/o a PG, but a shoulder stock for sure.

Get a clean,4-5 lb safe trigger. Most smiths can do this for a pittance,and maybe your dept has an armorer in more than name.

Extra ammo capacity, both an extended mag(Sorry, I have little experience with Mossys and don't know how many shells a 500 A holds) and some sort of carrier, either a butt cuff or a SS.

When I pick up my HD 870, there's ten rounds aboard, which should suffice for anything this side of WWIII.

Sights that work for me and the mission. Usually, the GRs are the best choice here,but good work has been done with a bead.

And a light.

Later one, you may want to consider some custom work like Vang and Wilson offer,or getting a good smith to lengthen the forcing cone. This aids patterns and cuts recoil a trifle.

Hope this helps...

Page generated in 0.02154 seconds with 8 queries