View Single Post
Old January 18, 2010, 03:48 AM   #29
bblatt11

First off all, not everyone is a fan of the UCC or other so-called uniform statutes, which are frankly not all that uniform. Sure, having a general idea of the law in another state is nice, but you still have to read the statute closely to figure out what the State decided to keep and discard from the proposed uniform language.

Second, a Federal CCL would be based on a statute that was poorly written, full of obscure restrictions, and neglected to account for the impact of other federal laws. Plus, being a federal program, it would become manadatory to have a federal license within one year of passage, but it would take 5-15 years to implement the licensing procedure.

I'd rather just travel along scenic routes and every now and then curse the fact that I have to stop and disarm to travel through certain states and cities.

Page generated in 0.03251 seconds with 8 queries