View Single Post
Old August 19, 2009, 07:17 PM   #13
roy reali

Interesting Article

Several months ago I was at a Borders Bookstore. I like going in and getting a cup of Joe and read gun rags. Well, this time I picked up a dog magazine.

There was an article about which gender of dog is better. According to the author, no difinitive study has ever been done. If you ask dog experts half of them will say male and the other half female. Now there are more male champion dogs weather you are talking field trials, herding, agility, or any other canine endeavor. But they pointed out a reason for that.

Male dogs are favored because they have fewer bioligical problems. If you have a female dog that is good you could breed her. But, during pregnancy and after delivery, she will be out of commision. Even then, you can only breed her once a year. A great male dog can be used for 'stud" service an unlimited number of times. Pregnancy, heat cycles, weaning puppies are nonissues with males.

Male versus female dogs is an interesting topic for debate. But there doesn't seem to be any consensus on it.

Page generated in 0.03732 seconds with 8 queries