View Single Post
Old November 1, 1999, 01:58 PM   #7
CMOS

I certainly concur with Dave on the shoulder stock topic. I shoot shotguns quite a bit (gosh I just love em) and have tried it both ways - pistol grip and standard rifle stock. The pistol grip was as useless as the Constitution in a Democrat's office. I found it very difficult to obtain any reasonable accuracy with the pistol grip. The pistol-grip-alone versions should always be purchased with a good dental insurance plan. I've seen this little problems results too.

I have an M1 Super 90 that I tried the pistol grip/stock combo and compared it to just using the stock. The stock alone was much more accurate and faster to bring up to the shoulder "ready" position.

You also mentioned parctice. You bet you need to practice. A scattergun is not the do all solution to poor marksmanship skills. I've seen so many shooters completely miss a target at 10-15 yards - with a shotgun?!? It can and does happen.

ALWAYS practice. Be sure to practice with some of the same loads that you'll be using for HD.

CMOS

------------------
Join GOA, NRA, LEAA and vote.

Page generated in 0.02705 seconds with 8 queries