View Single Post
Old October 14, 2001, 11:26 PM   #6
FPrice

Herr Walther,

The letter on the grip front is defintely an "M". There are marks on both sides of the trigger guard near the back when it blends into the frame. The mark on the right side is something over an "N". Looks like the figure could be an eagle with clipped wings over the letter. The mark of the left side is definitely an Eagle and Swatsticka over an "M", with what looks like a "/B" next to it. Cannot find any marks on the barrel except for some numbers which suggest that this is the original barrel (same last three digits as in the serial number). Whoops! Just found the Eagle/N on the barrel, on the right side of the chamber. According to the Numrich catalog, there is a magazine safety in this pistol, so that may be part of my problem.

Johwill,

It is a Browning 1906. Checked it against Schwing's 2000 Standard Catalog of Firearms. It dates to around WWI I believe, but cannot find a list of serial numbers to confirm this. The book also states that some were nickled, so this could be an original finish. Just don't know about these grips tho.

One of these days I am gonna HAVE to get a digital camera so I too can post pictures.

Thanks to both of you for your assistance.

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

Page generated in 0.02940 seconds with 8 queries