View Single Post
Old December 19, 2014, 09:21 AM   #89
FrankenMauser

Quote:
Wow! I'd almost be tempted to send it back to Sarco with a WTH letter asking for a replacement. That's a lot of fixes needed to what is supposed to be NOS from a quality manufacturer.
Sarco wouldn't take it back, no matter how much I have complained. It has already been transferred. It is my understanding that no matter what the circumstances are, they will not allow returns or exchanges on firearms that have been transferred.

For the price, I'm not going to complain. It's mildly disappointing to not get a 'good one', but I dug around quite a bit, online, before ordering. I read plenty of stories about ill-fitting parts, incomplete machining, poor fit, and the need for substantial "tuning".
I still took the chance. ...And I still want to order 2 more.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I still think it's good value for a "virgin" Mauser action with some nice 'aftermarket' upgrades. It'll just take a little more time at the work bench, and perhaps another $80-100 at the 'smith (I don't have the tools to do everything myself).
They were not, after all, 'finished' actions, but something I would consider 'job shop' actions. --Mass produced for final fitting and tuning by another manufacturer - or later on by the same manufacturer, to whatever quality level / price point that that particular build requires.

Page generated in 0.03616 seconds with 8 queries