View Single Post
Old October 24, 2013, 09:25 AM   #40
Mike Irwin
Staff

"In the face of increased scarcity, you would not increase runs and suppress prices."

Actually yes, you would.

You want, as best you can, match production to extant market conditions. Going too far in either direction (no product vs absolutely flooding the market) only does one thing -- it leads to either a partial or total market collapse and dramatically reduced sales.

The BEST scenario for all involved is NOT what we're going through right now.. alternating cycles of panic buying followed by lulls.

These panic cycles actually worry the hell out of the manufacturers because they know that all of the ammo that they're loading is not being shot.

They are seeing, and are worried as hell, about what's going to happen to their sales when this panic finally bottoms out.

Sales aren't going to return to 2005 levels -- robust and steady.

We have the distinct possibility of seeing a depression in the ammunition and components market because so many people who used buy at a steady state turned into complete and total drooling, brainless zombie-like moronic tools who couldn't hit the panic button fast enough.

These people are now sitting on 50,000 rounds of ammunition, 50,000 primers, 20,000 bullets, and 30 pounds of powder, knowing full well that their shooting habits will NEVER get them through that much product.

But... BLIP! GLOP! GLORG!

GOTTABUYGOTTABUYNEVERSEEANYOFITEVERAGAIN!!!!!

OBAMMASISBUYINGUPALLTHEAMMO!!!!

I know more than a few people who spent ridiculous sums on ammo that they're never going to shoot.

I'm going to let that reality burn on them for awhile, then swoop in and offer to buy a bunch of it for pennies on the dollar.

Maybe then Timmy the Toolbag and Lester the Leming will have learned their lessons...

Nah!

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.

Page generated in 0.02518 seconds with 8 queries