View Single Post
Old February 26, 2013, 03:06 PM   #26
haliwa04

I like to open carry for a few reasons 1)Deterrent before confrontation, although i am ready at a moments notice to use deadly force if necessary, thats why it's a full size, cocked and locked with 17 rounds behind the first 2)easier to get to, i dont want to have to risk digging in a pocket, or reaching for anything that would give me away before i'm ready to make my move 3) It suits me, people think i'm a cop. Example: a mom was having a hard time with her kids running in the grocery store, her solution: pointed me out and told them i was a cop and would arrest them. Before i realized her logic, i responded with "i'm not a police officer". 4) it's legal where i live, nc, to carry what you want, where you want, for the most part. I wont go in certain places that dont allow weapons/firearms. A kids store, sure, i'll leave it in the car, or at least make it disappear. But, grocery store, gas station, even the grueling trip into wally world, i make sure its on my strong side, well visible, with the hammer up, safety on. Until i find a city/town/state/country with zero violent crime, that is what i plan on doing. If the mrs wants to go on a date, or to the movies, i will make an effort to cover it up, maybe even conceal something a little smaller, but if i print, oh well. That's your warning, "dont mess with me". I've had kids ask, and grown folks compliment me for exercising my 2nd amendment, some women, young or elderly ask me to stick close, or walk them to their vehicles. So, my advice is do what feels good, within the law in your state, if you dont want the attention, hide it, but train and practice drawing and firing from that position, it may come in handy.

Page generated in 0.07619 seconds with 8 queries