View Single Post
Old June 16, 2012, 02:26 PM   #14
mikld

Some dislike Lee's Perfect Powder Mesure because it has Lee's name on it. I have been using one for nearly 27 years (not the same one though). And, just like any other powder measure, some powders just don't measure well. I have 3 different powder measures and find some metering difficulties, depending on the powder, with each one. Yesterday I found a powder my Lee doesn't like: True Blue. My Hornady prolly won't like it either. The grainuals are so small they leak a bit around the drum. The throws are pretty accurate, but powder leaks a little bit. For general use I'd say +- .2 gr. is acceptable, and I read somewhere that 2% variation in powder charges is acceptable for prime accuracy...

Like many things today Lee products are merely different. New, modern materials are used in their products and that doesn't make them less usable or reliable (anybody own a Glock?). Lee's products seem to come from thinking "outside the box" and new innovative ideas/products result (interchangable turrets on a turret press? A whole lot different than a Redding ot Lyman turret). Just my thinking...

Page generated in 0.03250 seconds with 8 queries