Thread: P99AS vs MR9
View Single Post
Old February 15, 2012, 10:58 PM   #2
balance

There aren't that many reviews of them out there, so I'm guessing not too many people are buying them.

Walther makes the frame, and Magnum Research makes the slide and barrel out of stainless steel I believe, while the P99 uses carbon steel for these parts. Mags for the SW99, P99, and PPQ should all work with this pistol. It looks like it uses a universal rail with three notches while the current P99 uses the S&W rail with one notch. The mag release is the short version on the MR9, which means they copied the first generation P99 mag release instead of going with the current generation's longer mag release levers.

The good news is that the pistol it copied is one I would consider a good pistol. I think I would rather get the real P99 though, as it is covered by S&W CS (I've heard nothing, good or bad, about MR CS), and Walther has stated that they have no plans at the moment to discontinue it, while the MR9 doesn't seem to be selling or getting much attention for the time it has been out on the market.

Page generated in 0.02381 seconds with 8 queries