View Single Post
Old November 2, 2011, 02:56 PM   #115
youngunz4life

would you shoot a dog to protect other dogs or another dog?

you just brought back some memories with your vocalization towards this woman.

we need to remember that our pets are family members many times(I'm on your side here...just bare with me on this post).

we had a neighborhood of friendly dogs growing up. yeah, stuff happened like the one mutt who liked to jump in this one lady's pool and he ripped the lining with his claws but that's another war story...

sometimes a rogue dog finds its way into the mix of friendly neighborhood ragamuffins

This hasn't happened yet in our neighborhood, but it happened multiple times growing up(see my last post - there was no leash law and most dogs roamed). This one dog named Ramsey just would go ballistic on nice dogs just wagging their tail, eating their stick, or whatever. Usually these dogs were the same size too. I saw many dogs come home all shaved, beat to a pulp, basically wondering if any of the humans were gonna do anything about this problem or continue to let the whole pack be victimized.

Well, the "DR" told him straight out after Dusty saw the light and somehow made it back(I witnessed that one and others as well): "If that dog ever steps foot on my property again it is as good as dead."(other vocabulary was used as he was upset. the other guy never listened to anyone...he was mad someone called the pound after two other warnings on another incident. Well anyways, Ramsey went to see his maker because it turned out even a lanky, friendly doctor in the populated suburbs of an anti-state didn't hesitate to break out the shotgun for some dog justice. It was the owner's fault, and really Ramsey had to go because he was definately a killer. He was a mix of a lab, doberman, and something else but that dog was pretty dangerous. I saw it in action. It would growl, the other dog would be confused and sort of freeze(stop what he/she was doing with the ball or whatnot), and then it would attack and refuse to stop even when others tried to stop him. The dog looked friendly - almost like a golden retriever or lab but not if you know what I mean

SOMETIMES we need to defend our dogs/family members with a weapon too. I know I wouldn't want to dispatch another dog if my life isn't in jeopardy, but my dog deserves protection too and I would do it in a heartbeat.

Page generated in 0.03202 seconds with 8 queries