View Single Post
Old May 26, 2011, 12:58 PM   #10
mikld

Many, many folks deprime in a separate operation. Sometimes I do so to keep the carbon and burned junk off my press/ram. Some do so to clean the primer pockets in the tumbler. And some do it because they want to. The OP said he likes to deprime this way because, for him, it's faster and easier to drop a case into the recess he drilled than to slide a case into a shell holder (I understand this). Yep, the drill press is being used as an arbor press, and when set up I'd bet one could deprime a lot of brass in one session, and easily keep track of spent primers and keep the carbon/dirt off your press. No need to adjust depth of the depriming pin (it's straight) and no sticking in the flash hole (it's straight too). No need to hold the case down on the block, cause the decapping pin is straight and no expander to pull through.

The responces to the OP's depriming method are why I don't share my "ideas" here. Post an idea and then the majority of the posts critisize your idea/methods, or just tell you "it'll never work" or "I can't understand why you would do that".

BTW why would anybody want to deprime and flare in the same operation is way beyond me...

Page generated in 0.03224 seconds with 8 queries