View Single Post
Old June 14, 2013, 03:57 PM   #211
Seaman

After reading this thread, finally decided to take a chance on a Taurus, figured the odds were 3 to 1 in my favor, betting $299 that I could get a good one.

Because no one except Taurus is building a moon-clip 40 cal revolver, picked up a Taurus 405 2" snubby and if bad, am prepared to fix it myself.

The 40 cal rimless cartridge is very accurate and I wanted the flexibility of a revolver to test it further (besides the P229)... ever searching for that perfect pistol cartridge.

The Good:

First 5 shots, 21 feet, freehand, pictured below. 180 gr fmj fp. Looks like a shooter! About S&W K size, very solid feel to this large snubby. Wide hammer, excellent smooth DA trigger, as good as S&W, SA trigger... well sneeze and it goes boom, also very S&W. Tight lockup, good forcing cone clearance. Uses moon-clips, very quick reloads, sadly Charter Arms totally missed the boat on this one. Internal lock... this one is well designed, perhaps Taurus will buy S&W and fix S&Ws problematic IL system.

Comes with a rubbery ribbed grip... makes the grip fatter, I shaved it back. Machine and tooling marks present (ie chambers), but everything works OK. S&Ws are mirror finish.

The Bad:

No bad.

The Ugly:

No ugly.

Conclusion:

Taurus can build a very good revolver.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Taurus 405 target.jpg (48.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Taurus 405 cylinder.jpg (64.5 KB, 22 views)

Page generated in 0.02413 seconds with 9 queries