View Single Post
Old September 28, 2012, 06:56 PM   #23
Paul B.

I pray that none here will ever have to throw down on another human being, let alone have to actually shoot. Just a deranged individual and mistaken identity but he as convinced that I was the person he had the grudge with and was going to make me pay. Only the fact that I had a 9MM with me that day kept me amd possibly my wife from being seriously injured. I guess it's been about 10 years now but I stopped at this stop and rob to get gas. My wife was in the car and I went in to pay for the gas. On the way in this guy came up and called me by a name, not mine and wanted to fight. I said, "You've got the wrong guy." and kind of laughed it off. When I caame back out to pump my gas he's really going off at me. I take my wallet out, show him my driver's license and say, "You got the wrong guy. I'm not him." He's off to one side mumbling to himself and I finish pumping my gas and go back to the store to get my change. I get back to my car and he comes storming up yelling incoherently that he's gonna kill me and other threats. My wife is freaking out for me to drive away but a car in front of me and another behind me, there's no way I can drive off. He starts pounding on the window and finally I decide that it's time to introduce him to Messers Smith & Wesson.
I'm teling him quite forcefully that, You have the wrong guy so go way. If you try to get into my car I will shoot you." He pays no attention. I tell him several more times and finally it soaks in that not only am I armed, I just might shoot him. He then slowly bcked off, the car in front which could have moved but I guess they wanted to watch the show. No reaction set in until I got home. I started to shake real bad and ended up puking my guts out.
Two things did come out of all this. One, I realize that if I have to, I will be able to shoot should it be necessary. The second thing was my wife said she'd never complain again about me having a gun in the car. I can only hope and pray that I never am in a situation like that again.
Paul B.

Page generated in 0.02221 seconds with 8 queries