View Single Post
Old July 31, 2011, 08:17 PM   #8
tahunua001

you need to find scope rings that leave the scope sitting in front of your eye rather than forcing your eye to line up with the scope. you want to rest your face on the buttstock like you would while shooting and then site down the scope, if you have to raise your cheek off the buttstock you need lower rings, if you have to mash your face into the buttstock you need higher rings. then you rest the scope in the rings and move it back/forward till you can sight through it in your natural firing position. that way you have minimal adjustment to work out once you bring your gun up to your shoulder to fire. its a long and difficult process but it's well worth the effort in the long run.

also tasco has a really bad reputation for being cheaply made. you may want to eventully move up to a good nikon or leupold scope. nikon prosaffs are about $120 but very reliable scopes for hunting, I have one on every hunting rifle I own. you say yours is vintage so I dont know if they've always been cheap but you may want to read up on them.

Page generated in 0.03034 seconds with 8 queries