View Single Post
Old November 4, 2000, 06:48 PM   #8
Nevada Fitch

Well, I guess I will put my two cents worth in also.I have been very lucky in the fact that I cannot remember actually failing to bag a wounded deer except for twice.one was a high shoulder hit with a crossbow, the other was with a muzzelloader I don't know where I hit that one at. I have had several deer run with well placed fatal hits that took some looking and trailing to find.most never went over a hundred yards,a few went farther but not often. I believe most travel down hill when convenient some have gone uphill, some just stayed on the trail they were on.several will leave the trail just before going down.I have often had a lung shot or heartshot deer clamp its tail and run flat out as long as life last maybe ten seconds.They can cover a lot of ground in ten seconds sometimes.That can be a real pain in the butt when you just fired at the last couple minutes of remaining light,it is dark right away and you haven't found your deer yet.I have started pulling into the shoulder more often in hopes of droping more in their tracks when gun hunting anymore.

Page generated in 0.03217 seconds with 8 queries