View Single Post
Old June 23, 2002, 11:10 PM   #20
Bongos

Cheifwatchman, most guns I run into on the used market are usually near new condition. Most people buy guns when it was "The Thing" to do, this usually happens when they are single and are doing thing with there friends. After marriage, then kids, the gun in their safe all of a sudden becomes dead weight, even hazardous; dangerous. This is when they post in the local paper or local ranges these guns are for sale, usually hoping to recoup 70% of the gun's value.
Example, right now, I found a guy whom bought a nice Sig P225 with K-Kote and night sites for his girlfriend, turns out she does not like. He posted the gun up for $500, I looked at the gun and it is mint, it's not a bad price for compact pistol.

But in your situation, you have a specific pistol you need for your livelihood, this is a little different situation, but then again the person whom have this pistol for sale, has a reason for selling it, use this as a mind set, he/she want to recoup as much money as possible and of course you want to buy the gun for as little as possible. They are selling for a reason, either extra cash or paying off debt... you would be surprise.

Possible solution: If the seller has it for $500 and your target is $400, offer $325 or $350, of course the buyer will either pass, accepts, or counter. On a few occasion, I actually got what I offer. The name of the game is closing, with the high being $500 and the low is $350, you offer to meet half way at $425. Most of the time this works, it also depends on your appearance, your voice, your posture.

I hope this helps, it's help me through many purchases and in life closed many multi-million dollar deals.

Ok, OK, you guessed it, I'm in sales and marketing.

Good Luck

Page generated in 0.02300 seconds with 8 queries