View Single Post
Old October 22, 2020, 08:26 PM   #96
CAPMJUSTICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen426 View Post
The Sig P239 doesn’t have a safety which I thought that was the first thing listed on your criteria? If a safety is not required, does that open up the options to other guns? The Sig 365XL could fit the bill nicely. The Glock 43X has the Glock 19 sized frame with the slim and short Glock43 slide. It holds 10+1 rounds. If safeties are not required, I would also suggest you look at the Springfield Armory Hellcat. It is almost the same size as the Glock 43, but holds 11+1 with the flush fitting mag, amid 13+1 with the extended mag (included). I carry with the 11 round mag in the gun, plus 2 of the 13 round mags.

You mentioned Kahr, but I am not a fan due to the long trigger. The insides are also not as corrosion resistant as other guns, and mine rusted almost to the point it would not fire after sweating all over it (post Hurricane Irma). The longer pull and long reset makes longer distance shots harder and follow up shots slower. I also see no point in going down to .380 acp when there are so many great 9mm pistols that are almost the same size. You also mentioned the Walther PPKS. The German ones are decent, but the American made ones have a bad rep. It is still too heavy for a .380 6 shot. There are so many better choices with polymer guns that are lighter.

I understand that your church may have people who are uncomfortable with guns, but not announcing armed security could lead to “friendly fire” situations. Other parishioners may be armed and think that a designated armed security team member may be a threat. You and the security lead may be much better trained than other parishioners.

Good luck and take the advice and comments with a grain of salt. It is a public forum with varying degrees of knowledge and backgrounds. My pastor asked if I cared and I told him I did. He said “good”. I’m not sure if we are ready for an armed security team, but I don’t believe there are too many others that carry.
Sorry I meant “safety” as an issue not the mechanical “manual safety”, though as I said I do prefer Da/sa or at least da. I know shorter triggers offer a potential accuracy benefit but I’m familiar and trained with the DA trigger so I’m not afraid of it and appreciate the extra layer of “safety” they offer. I certainly hear you on the “friendly fire” thing. Something I think about a lot while I’m serving. Though I might would face the same problem whether I’m on security or not. If something happens I’ll just have to do my best.

Page generated in 0.03697 seconds with 8 queries