View Single Post
Old April 2, 2018, 08:45 AM   #4
TrueBlue711

Go to this website to get a pretty accurate estimate on when you'll get it. I just got my suppressors on Friday and the graph on the site was pretty spot on.

And Mobuck is right, you don't know what you'll really need until you have the can on the gun. I tried prepping my AR a bunch myself prior to getting it, but when I took it out on Saturday with the can attached, I had to readjust my adjustable gas block a lot. Now, it's dialed in just the way I like it.

I bought the SN-ATCH charging handle from Griffin Armament, which is meant to help port gas away from your face. It seemed to work good. I didn't get much gas in my face, but I haven't tested it out using a standard charging handle to see the difference. There are other methods to keep gas out of your face that you can do at home. I posted another thread about charging handles meant for suppressors and people brought those other methods up. Look into doing that if you like.

Piston helps a little bit, but the guts still get dirty. I learned quickly that shooting suppressed is a dirty job. I put my can on my SCAR-H and my FS2000 (both short stroke piston) and gas was still spewing out of the action. It gets everywhere.

Page generated in 0.02547 seconds with 8 queries