View Single Post
Old March 12, 2010, 11:10 PM   #10
44 AMP
Staff

It is entirely possible 9mm Luger will shoot in your pistol

BUT it is not the cartridge the gun was made to shoot.

The 9mm Bayard Long was the Spanish service cartridge for a while, and several spanish pistols were chambered for it. According to my old Cartridges of the World (4th edition, pub. circa 1972) the Astra Model 400 in 9mm long will handle .38 ACP without modification, but other guns will not.

You pistol might fire 9mm Luger (Parabellum) rounds, IF the extractor holds them against the breechface tightly enough to set them off. However, you are very likely to have misfires, and feeding issues. And, that leaves out the pressure issue. Some 9mm Parabellum loadings are likely to be unsafe in your gun.

Your gun might also be capable of chambering the .38 Super round, a decidedly dangerous situation, unless it is your intent to turn your pistol into a hand grenade. DO NOT TRY TO SHOOT .38 SUPER!

I would not be comfortable shooting 9mm Luger in your gun, I don't know the model you named. Some of the Astra pistols will do it, but I wouldn't trust a Star.

Page generated in 0.03330 seconds with 8 queries