View Single Post
Old September 11, 2007, 06:10 PM   #14
lockedcj7

+1 on keeping it a secret. I would not tell my "friend" if and when I take the course. If he keeps up about it, tell him you're not ready yet, etc. Next time he mentions it in public, tell him to speak for himself loud enough for the others to hear. He'll get the message. Either he'll quit bringing you into it or he'll ask why. You can take that opportunity to explain how you feel.

I have friends who have their CWPs and one who's a deputy LEO with the fish and game dept. He also carries but he has a badge. I don't tell them when or if I'm carrying and they don't ask. Even my wife doesn't know unless she happens to hug me or brush up against it. She's very discrete about letting me know I've been made.

I even had a conversation with someone about the application process and requirements of our state while I was carrying. He was amazed that I knew so much about it and asked how I knew. I told him that I had looked into it. He had no idea I was carrying as we spoke. ...and that's how it should be.

Page generated in 0.03241 seconds with 8 queries