Thread: Preference
View Single Post
Old January 15, 2018, 10:15 AM   #32
BIGR

That is a hard one for sure, one has to weigh out the options. I own a few of each, but bought most of the .357 Sig Semi Autos because I got a heck of a deal on them. For years I have shot and reloaded the .357 Magnum and it is for sure a more versatile firearm caliber for reloading and shooting cheaper rounds, especially since one can customize their .38 Special loads for target practice or defense. As far as a self defense caliber the .357 Sig can hold its own any with some good defensive rounds, but its expensive as heck to feed.

As far as for carrying a defensive round for CCW I will take the .357 SIG any day due to capacity. However my main CCW gun is a 9MM so generally the .357 Sig guns are on hand for home defense. My S&W .357 Magnum revolvers get carried a lot during hunting season and have the capability to shoot shots shells for snakes and other vermin's.

So if I did not own either one and was going out to buy one it would be the .357 Magnum in a good name brand stainless steel revolver, since it is cheaper to feed and is way more versatile.

Page generated in 0.03541 seconds with 8 queries