View Single Post
Old November 25, 2002, 07:53 AM   #12
rcbs

Quote:
I think most of the conversions from 7.62x45 to 7.62x39 were actually done by importers when they were brought into the states. This was done to make them easier to sell since the original ammo was scarce, corrosive and expensive.
If your CZ 52(The She Rifle) is marked 52/57 it was done at the arsenal. If it has a chamber insert it was butchered stateside.

Quote:
Converting this gun back to original condition would be done just for fun. The rifle has about zero collector value chambered for the 7.62x39 and precious little collector value in the original chambering.
In my neck of the woods it is a very sought after collectors item in both calibers but more so in the 7.62x39. I have seen people fighting over mint condition specimans and paying up to $500 without batting an eye. I paid $425 for mine and was happy to find a mint condition one at such a price.

Workmanship is flawless and accuracy is superb.

Although I do not think much of its gas system compared to the more reliable SKS the CZ is built like a tank and made with quality materiels and workmanship. It works with military ammo but you may have to play a little bit with it to make it function with cast bullet loads. The right burning rate powder and an 150 graind cast bullet will usually do the trick. I like mine very much and would never consider selling it.

Page generated in 0.05749 seconds with 8 queries