View Single Post
Old April 12, 2013, 10:56 PM   #9
Rogervzv

FINALLY I got my CZ 512 .22WMR rifle to the range. My local range is limited to 25 yards, so not the world's most perfect place to test a rifle, but still a good time was had by all.

Here is the rifle, just before we went to the range:

At the range, I was firing Federal .22WMR rounds. No problems whatever. The scope that you see above is the Redfield Revenge. Interestingly, the scope was very close to zero right out of the box, just about 1.5 inches low and about 3/4 inches left. I have never had a rifle that close to zero with a scope right out of the box. After two magazines and two tweakings, I had the sight zeroed as best I could firing off of a sandbag (not a vise.)

Here are my first targets after those first two zero magazines:

The rifle is very well-mannered and is more than a little reminiscent of a 10/22. Like the 10/22 the bolt does not lock back after the last round, which is perhaps my only criticism of the CZ512 rifle. It was scary accurate and the couple of flyers that you see above are solely due to my mediocre trigger and breath control; not the fault of the rifle. I was shooting on my lunch hour this Friday, when I was more than a little caffeinated.

The CZ512 is very easy to break down and clean. Interestingly, it has dual springs in the action, which I had never seen in a rifle before. I assume that those Czechs know what they are doing.

Page generated in 0.03784 seconds with 8 queries