Thread: Model 28
View Single Post
Old February 26, 2013, 07:39 PM   #5
Ozzieman

Smooth grips can slip and let the gun roll down in your hand firing heavy loads - which is a bad thing.

Hal is right, but if the grips fit your hand, smooth grips can work well. My preference is checkering but recently I have purchased several smooth grips.
The first is a set of John Culina which is the best set of wood grips I have ever owned or shot. There slightly larger than Smith factory at the base and tapered more at the top. Price can be an issue.
The Hogue is on a 24 and I was surprised how well they worked. They were the first finger notched wood grips that I have ever had and work in my hand very well.
The Jerry Mculek is a 21 but he also had square but. They work well but are a little long front to back at the palm. The gun in hot weather does just what Hal said.
My suggestion is to NOT take any ones suggestion including mine. You have to feel a set of grips on a gun like yours before you buy. Good quality grips are expensive and if they don’t fit your hand, well it’s just one more thing to complain about.

Did you hear about the latest study.....5 out of 6 liberals say that Russian Roulette is safe.

Last edited by Ozzieman; October 1, 2016 at 05:22 PM.

Page generated in 0.02114 seconds with 8 queries