View Single Post
Old February 3, 2011, 04:19 PM   #37
larry60

40 S&W bulge

I am new forums of any kind so if I violate any rules please let me know.
My concerns has to do with reloading for the 40 S&W also. I have been reloading for over thirty years. My past experience has been with shotgun reloading and rifle reloading and for a .357 magnum thirty years ago. I just got into reloading for my 45 acp and now my 40 S&W. I have a thirty year old RCBS press that woks fine, I bought Redding titanium carbide dies in 45acp and starting reloading for my Witness. I made some mistakes but I got them all worked out and am happy that I started reloading for it. I was so impressed with the Redding carbide dies that I bought a set for my 40 S&W. I picked up 400 cases at a gun show and some plated bullets. When I started running the fired cases though my resizing die I found out about the Glock bulge. I had not seen it while reloading for my 45. My lot of my cases were coming out of my die with a wrinkle at the base. After doing some checking on the internet I realized it was because of the Glock bulge. Now I understand that I need to buy another die ( the pass though die ) to solve this problem. But seeing how this wrinkle is occurring as I run the brass into the die I am really unsure a pass though die would solve this problem and would like some first hand experience on the pas though die sorry for the long post.

Page generated in 0.03493 seconds with 8 queries