View Single Post
Old April 19, 2013, 11:43 AM   #6
BigJimP

BigDin is right .....if you wanted to try to bend the stock a little on your own...you could try damp towels and using an elec steam iron apply some heat to the area....and while that can be a good way to remove 'dents' from stocks....I don't know if you'll be able to get enough flexibility in the stock to actually get the stock to move and stay put.

But part of the bending process ...is to bend it far enough that it doesn't crack and then wrap it tight with big rubber bands or straps and let it cool and see how much it moves back. Its a process that takes a lot of patience ( something I rarely have ).

And before you go down this path....take the gun to the pattern board and see what you're point of impact for it is at 21 yds or so. It may be just fine.

I 2nd his comment on wood from Cole's...even if they don't show anything on their website they may have something used...that a guy traded in / to have new wood put on because the standard stock had too much drop at comb and heel or was way too short. A lot of these SXS's don't fit us "big" guys too well...

Page generated in 0.02080 seconds with 8 queries