View Single Post
Old May 22, 2017, 06:49 PM   #13
Damon555

Can't help with your caliber choices....

I really don't see any practical purpose for an AI cartridge....but to tell you the truth I like them....just from a "something different" point of view. I've got a 223 AI and am planning on a 22-250 AI. My 223 AI is an excellent shooter.....but as mentioned improving the cartridge won't make it any more accurate.

If you want one go for it. They are fun to work with.......I've been frequenting gun forums for 20+ years and have grown bored with reading the same things over and over again.....talking AI's, precision hand loading, varmint hunting, long range shooting and shooting steel with handguns is much more interesting than the droning on and on about the same old stuff.

The 25-06 AI sounds like a blast.....and how about instead of the 270 AI go a little more practical and build a 6.5-06 AI or 280 AI? I bet you'd be well pleased with the bullet selection. In any event let us know how it turns out PLEASE!....anything to be the slightest bit interested in reading a thread that isn't rehashing an already beat to death topic!

Last edited by Damon555; May 22, 2017 at 06:54 PM.

Page generated in 0.02285 seconds with 8 queries