View Single Post
Old February 17, 2017, 11:31 AM   #56
44 AMP
Staff

As far as I can see, the only physical difference between an AR "pistol" and a carbine is that the pistol doesn't have a butt PLATE.

As long as you still have the buffer tube sticking out the rear of the receiver, there is no significant advantage in length over a carbine with the same length barrel.

Remember, a "carbine" can have ANY length barrel, as long as it is shorter than the "standard rifle" barrel, it qualifies as a carbine. The Fed calls it an SBR if the barrel is under 16", but its STILL a carbine.

USEFUL??

Any functional firearm is useful, to some degree, in the right circumstances.

But I don't see any of these AR pistols being well suited to any of the traditional handgun roles.

Quote:
I believe it was the Marines that came up with the nose to charging handle thing. And they were doing it with iron sights. It's a way to ensure a consistent cheek weld so your eye is always in the center of that rear peep.
It's also a uniform standard for teaching people who don't know how to shoot, to shoot your way. And the military is big on standards, whether they are the best thing or not.

Doesn't work so well if you're shooting something that actually recoils, though...

Page generated in 0.02524 seconds with 8 queries