View Single Post
Old June 22, 2009, 03:21 PM   #8
Mello2u

Quote:
bones06

I wanted so bad to run to the safe and get the gun but decided against it because I knew that they were taking off, and that I am not permited to take it on me to go after them. Do you think I made the right choice by not getting the gun out this time?
Since you decided to leave your home and assuming you are accurate in your knowledge of your state's law which you say prohibits you from taking your gun with you; yes, I think you made the better choice. It was better to leave the gun locked up. Perhaps still better would have been to have gotten your gun and stayed in your home until the police arrived.

You seem to have a bit of confusion going on. You shouted to the bad guys to "freeze m'fers or I'll shoot" when you were not armed. You don't want to increase the chance of some nervous "perp" throwing a bullet your way. If unarmed you might want to say something which conforms to your unarmed status and still pursues the end you seek. Such as "Hey, get away from my property." or "Get out of here; I called the police."

You also stated "wanted so bad to run to the safe and get the gun but decided against it because I knew that they were taking off,". Take note and congratulate yourself in overcoming your natural tendency to indulge your anger. You must control anger and fear in a possible shooting situation. Imagine what you might have done if you were armed and caught up to one or more of the bad guys. What would you do then?

Use this as a learning experience.
" Frederic Bastiat

Page generated in 0.03558 seconds with 8 queries