View Single Post
Old May 10, 2019, 10:20 AM   #22
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
7 of them had wounds that would have been survivable had they had there been level 1 trauma care available.
Thank you for the link, it seems level I trauma care is what is provided by a level I trauma center, and the link describes what a level I trauma center is, and that is a major hospital.

which makes the quoted statement somewhat confusing to me.

Unless there is another list somewhere stating what Level I trauma care IS, and that is different from a Level I Trauma care center. IF level I trauma care is what you get at a major hospital, then its NEVER available "on scene" (unless the shooting happens in the hospital). SO, isn't it always "available"??? The only difference would be the transport times to get the victim from the scene to the level I trauma center.

SO, shouldn't the statement be
7 of them had wounds that would have been survivable had they had there been level 1 trauma care available before they died. or 7 of them had wounds that would have been survivable had they had there been level 1 trauma care available immediately on scene. Or something like that??

tell me what is the good of some doctors saying, in effect, "we could have saved these people if they had been shot at the operating room door..."

I feel I must be missing something, some difference in definition between "level I trauma care" as used in the quote and what my net searches turned up, which was always "level I trauma centers".

If you know what the difference is (if any) please enlighten an old soul, because if there isn't any difference then those docs are spouting bullcrap.

Page generated in 0.03091 seconds with 8 queries