View Single Post
Old March 14, 2019, 06:37 AM   #66
USNRet93

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsog View Post
It comes down to what you can personally live with...

If standing by watching innocent people lose their lives while you have the means to do something is within your range of living with yourself then it bares repeating.

In 2002 we took down compounds in Afghanistan that had cells training to conduct mass shootings exactly like the one in Paris. That will not be the last of such type attacks nor will it be confined to Europe despite being a much softer target.

Our society would be better off if both CCW's AND LEO's trained in this area learning to consider both being on scene of a mass shooting. Frankly I think our LEO's have become way too militarized and lethal force focused. IMHO, it was a mistake allowing them to access some of the surplus military equipment and has led to a loss of focus on their first mission. I could tell a huge difference in attitude in the LEO's we worked with pre-911 and post-911 after the POTUS allowed surplus military gear to be sold to Police Departments. It was kind of funny working with local LEO SWAT and having the US Army tip of the spear in CT operations with a decade of combat experienced emphasizing seeing hands and making a good shoot while the local cops are all taking about killing people in the house.
What I wanted to repeat was some sort of more meaningful and standardized training when getting prepared for a CCWP..Mine was awful.

"Tools not Trophies”

Page generated in 0.02569 seconds with 8 queries