View Single Post
Old March 28, 2021, 11:48 PM   #2
kilotanker22

Budget scopes from some manufacturers are excellent for the money. Scopes in the $300-$500 range are what I normally go for depending on the application.

I have a Vortex Crossfire 2, 2-7x32 that is one of the clearest scopes I own and it was only $129. It is definitely a step below the Diamondback line of which I own a couple. And the Viper line is a definite upgrade from the Diamondback.

I have a Bushnell Engage Tactical 3-12x40 that is very clear and tracks surprisingly well. That scope was like $300.

I have a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-25x50 that is pretty good until you get to the top of the magnification range. That scope is really easy to use, good quality and has an excellent reticle. For about $400

I have a Vortex Viper HST that is definitely a step up from the Diamondback, but costs like $600 and does not have FFP or as nice of a reticle as the diamondback, but the Turrets, Tracking and glass clarity are better for sure.

You absolutely do get what you pay for with a few exceptions. My next optic will either be a Leupold Mark 5 HD, a Vortex Razor HD Gen 2 or a Zeiss Conquest.

I have considered some Steiner stuff or Kahles, bit they are a little out of my price range right now.

Although you get what you pay for, it is not really necessary most of the time to buy an expensive optic. There is almost always something available in any price range that will do a job. The degree to which it does the job may vary
“We do not seek peace in order to be at war, but we go to war that we may have peace. Be peaceful, therefore, in warring, so that you may vanquish those whom you war against, and bring them to the prosperity of peace.
– St. Augustine

Page generated in 0.03866 seconds with 8 queries