View Single Post
Old August 14, 2012, 10:01 AM   #35
Tickling

My my..

And the natives are already frothing at the mouth..

Me thinks if you took a poll, most doctors would NOT support this article. It appears obvious, at least to me, that the doctors quoted were cherry-picked. And that makes sense, the article was trying to make a point (right or wrong), not portray both sides of an issue. According to some surveys, approximately 1/3 of doctors own firearms (here). Which is the same as the national average quoted in the article.

I could probably find a few mechanics who believe that firearms in vehicles lead to more violent road-rage incidents. And then write a dandy article expounding on the "dangers of vehicle-gun violence." But it wouldn't make all mechanics gun-grabbers any more than it would doctors.

What I find (and have always found) disturbing is the term, "Gun Violence." Which is usually used in the wrong context, and seems to imply that "possessed" guns are walking around causing violence and mayhem. But mostly because it is bad grammar, and nothing bothers me more than someone elses bad grammar

PS:
Quote:
Stats from trial lawyers indicate doctors could SAVE FAR MORE LIVES by helping the profession to rid itself of bad doctors than they can by ridding US of guns.
That's like asking the Democrats for stats on the Republicans (or vice versa), or asking a hillbilly to judge gourmet dishes, what they say won't really mean anything. Between the bias and the ignorance, it's just pretty noise.

Quote:
It is true, doctors kill far more people by error and malpractice than guns do. The ratio is at least 2:1.
That's like comparing apples to eggplants. The two situations aren't even remotely comparable.

Page generated in 0.03785 seconds with 8 queries