View Single Post
Old September 23, 2018, 03:41 PM   #18
Charlie98

I feel fortunate... I shoot at an indoor range that doesn't really care. You tell them you want to try to recover your brass, they push it up to the wall and you can go fetch it when you are done. If your brass lands forward, as long as it doesn't interfere with anyone else shooting, you can use the rake and pull it back. I don't get stupid with it... all I really ever want to recover is my .45ACP brass, I could care less about the rest.

OP's story reminds me of where I used to shoot in Ohio, at one of the state ranges. One of the scroungers was just about catching my brass as it came out of the pistol, and picking up my .45 brass, too. I called him out on it, he said 'you are shooting 9mm!' so I unholstered my .45 and gave him a glance at the bore. He didn't pick up my brass anymore.

As far as the OP's story, I would make a call. Granted, DNR officers are almost their own Gods, but that sounds like it should be a policy issue. Maybe they are just trying to discourage the scroungers, but for the state to actually say they want to recover scrap brass and try to sell it? That's more trouble than it's worth and I question it's validity.

"I have this pistol pointed at your heart!"
"That is my least vulnerable spot."

Page generated in 0.02568 seconds with 8 queries