View Single Post
Old October 21, 2021, 06:48 AM   #30
stagpanther

Quote:
Case capacity should be around 68.5gr of water.

You may want to inquire about loads on a couple of other forums.
Accurate Shooter (6BR) forum, as well as Long Range Hunter. Ballistic Studies also, though they have different designations than the powder numbers we are used to.
I know guys on both forums shooting the 25PRC.
Thanks for that 7mag, I've looked at all those forums too and have gleaned useful info--it seems to me that of those willing to post their results they are all "feeling things out" and there appears to be a bit of divergence between those that are focusing on 1,000 yd comps--and the rest of the shooters. I can only get out to a max of around 400 yds where I shoot, but I am principally interested in the higher BC blackjack, Berger and PVA bullets; it's also why I went with a long action and BDM to let me "stretch things out." I just loaded a few test cartridges with the 135 Bergers using ramshot magnum, even at a COL of 2.955 those bullets are seated pretty deep from what I can tell, but I don't have my barrel yet to get an actual chamber measure so I thought I'd start "conservative."

The issue with the 25 vs the 6.5, as far as I can make it, is that the burn characteristics in the two cases are not necessarily transferable because of the "large volume stubbiness" of the case being necked down to a small diameter caliber. There seems to be quite a speed spread in powders I've seen mentioned used in the 25 PRC from slow big-magnum powders to faster stuff.

Last edited by stagpanther; October 22, 2021 at 04:52 AM.

Page generated in 0.03170 seconds with 8 queries