View Single Post
Old January 6, 2014, 02:55 AM   #20
bamaranger

comments

Well, this has certainly drawn more comments , and more varied comments, than I thought it would.

Certainly, the new neighbors have all the "rights" to to what they want on the parcel. I recognize that. And yes, I'm a bit disappointed that their appearance and actions, (and potential actions) have changed what was a convenient and productive spot. In bad weather, or cramped for time, I could slip over onto the ROW stand and hunt, quick and simple. Not a wild and wooly walk and climb a tree, then drag one for 4 hrs hunt,.... but a suitable option at times. And, I can still do it, I just need to be aware of the possibility of the folks down the way. And, I live here, have quick and easy access. Indications are, they are from out of town and not around that much. And, it has worked out for the bulk of this season. No incidents, no friction. 'Course, seasons not over.

I suppose its a principal or attitude thing, and I am expecting to much from others. But I would not build/plant a hunt plot, or disturb with an ATV or dirt bike, ( as suggested) adjacent their established site, were the roles reversed, even if I had the "right". Especially when this "strip" is just that,and there is so much more land on that parcel that does not crowd the line. I'd deem it bad manners, and inconsiderate, being a poor neighbor. I was taught those type things were to be avoided, even if it was legal. Seems to like this is one of those instances where the right thing to do is not what you're allowed, but what you should. 'Course I still say "please and thank you" and "Mam and Sir" in public to strangers, and that's not much in vogue these days either.

All no matter I suppose, its done and I will have to live with it.

Page generated in 0.02290 seconds with 8 queries