View Single Post
Old August 23, 2013, 10:20 AM   #18
tahunua001

there is no such thing as universal ethics.
every individual decides what is right and wrong in his eyes and every individual will have a unique take on the matter.

I personally shoot squirrels. mostily it's for the fun of it but also it's a good way to test your marksmanship skills on moving targets at non standardized ranges, a necessary skill for hunting. I do not think of myself as an unethical hunter, I never kill so many as to threaten the population and I never do so without a hunting license so I am not breaking an laws and well within my rights to do so.

however there are a lot of hunters out there that were brought up to believe that hunting without the intention of eating what you kill is wrong and unethical in their eyes. my brother once went hunting rabbits with a friend and when they were done the friend made him take all the rabbits he killed home and helped field dress and cook them... not my idea of fine dining and waay too much trouble for the amount of meat you get but we respected the other guys beliefs and didn't leave anything to waste.

Page generated in 0.03377 seconds with 8 queries