View Single Post
Old December 4, 2000, 04:34 PM   #12
eagleeye

Hey, don't feel too bad. After all, Jesus Himself had to gently remind His desciples that He came to save souls, not destroy them after they were ticked at some folks for behaving badly, wanting to bring down fire from heaven and burn 'em up! So, if THEY had the same attitude, stands to reason we would/could too. I was attacked once for intervening and preventing a man from killing his girlfriend. It ended up just like a chase scene in the movies. He followed and repeatedly rammed my car. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that had I been armed that day, I would have killed him. Justified? Probably. But we both lived to tell about it, and I learned one of the most valuable lessons in my life: That a person CAN reach a point of no return. I was absolutely enraged! To this day, I refuse to CCW because of that incident. I'll give 'em one. Wrong place at the wrong time. But if I'm ever attacked AGAIN, I'll carry.(Yeah, I know what y'all are thinking. IF I survive, right?) Besides, my wife has CCW. I'll let HER do the shootin'.

Page generated in 0.02669 seconds with 8 queries