View Single Post
Old September 20, 2012, 10:38 AM   #19
TheRaskalKing

There absolutely is a need for something like this, though any time I hear a conversation about civilians needing barrier penetration I always think about the following: We all know the legal ramifications of having to shoot somebody, and we all know that you never shoot or chase a BG who appears to be retreating or running away. Couldn't this be misconstrued by a lousy lawyer in the same way? "My client was attempting to hide and surrender when he was shot through the door." I'm certainly not a legal expert, but IMO shooting somebody through a door or a wall is absolutely asking for all kinds of trouble. The ambulance chasing types will have your head for something like that.

Now, I'm not saying it could never be necessary or legally justified, kill or be killed situations get crazy really fast. It just seems to me that shooting somebody who is hiding behind cover probably isn't always the best idea. IMO it begins to approach mall ninja/suburban commando mentality that it's my job to punish bad guys and evil doers the world over with my CCW. Just my $0.02.

Page generated in 0.02455 seconds with 8 queries